Department of Mechanical System Design Engineering, Hongik University
Address K213, 94 Wausan-Ro, Mapo-Gu, Seoul, Korea
Phone +82 (2) 320-1633
박성진 Park Sung jin
Hybrid vehicle, Fuel cell vehicle, Internal combustion engine, Battery system for HEVs and EVs, Alternative energy sources & energy conversion, Vehicle modeling & cycle simulation, Heat & mass transfer, Thermodynamic system analysis, System modeling & simulation, System design & optimization.
Mechanical Engineering, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, US, 2010.
Dissertation Title : “A Comprehensive Thermal Management System Model for Hybrid Electric Vehicles”
Committee Members: Professor Dennis N. Assanis, Assistant Professor Dohoy Jung, Professor Levi T. Thompson, and Professor Huei Peng.
Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 1998.
Thesis Title : “Measurement of Gas Temperature Using Emissivity of Combustion Products”
Research Advisor : Professor Eung Seo Kim
Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 1996
Thesis Title : “Cycle Simulation of Diesel Engine”
Hongik University Seoul, Korea
Assistant Professor Mar 2012- date
- Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Vibrations, Mechanical System Design Project I, Mechanical System Design Project II, Modeling, Analysis, and Control of Hybrid Electric Vehicles, Thermal System Design, Vehicle Chassis Design
University of Michigan
Research Fellow and Teaching Assistant Ann Arbor, MI, US
Mar 2011-Feb 2012
University of Michigan
Graduate Student Research Assistant Ann Arbor, MI, US
July 2006-Feb 2011
1. D. B. Jung, S. W. Cho, S. J. Park and K. D. Min "Application of a Modified Thermostatic Control Strategy to Parallel Mild HEV for Improving Fuel Economy in Urban Driving Conditions", International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 339-346(2016), SCIE
2. Chanuk Yang, Yulho Lee, Sanghyun Park, Choongmo Yang, Sungjin Park, "Study on the Design Parameters of a Heat Exchange Steam Reformer (HESR) using CFD", Trans. of the Korean Hydrogen and New Energy Society(2016. 2), Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 1~12
Dissertation and Theses
1. Sungjin Park, "A Comprehensive Thermal Management System Model for Hybrid Electric Vehicles," Ph.D. Dissertation, the University of Michigan, 2011, Committee Members: Dionissos N. Assanis, Dohoy Jung, Huei Peng, and Levi T. Thompson Jr.
2. Sungjin Park, "Measurement of Gas Temperature Using Emissivity of Combustion Products," M.S. Thesis, Seoul National University, 1998, Committee Chair: Eungseo Kim
3. Sungjin Park, "Cycle Simulation of Diesel Engine," B.S. Thesis, Seoul National University, 1996
1. JungJae Han, ChoongSoo Jeong, JoongHyun Kim, TaeWoo Kim, SungJin Park, YoungRock Chung, SangSoo Pae, "Research on Oil Warm-up Characteristics of Passenger Car Diesel Engine Using EGR", KSAE 2016 Annual Spring Conference, Jeju, May19-21, 2016
2. Hyunjong Oh and Sungjin Park , "Comparison of the Performance of Micro Hybrid Electric Vehicles with Single and Dual Battery System", KSAE 2016 Annual Spring Conference, Jeju, May19-21, 2016
3. Jeewhan Jeon and Sungjin Park,"Development of SOC Estimation Method for a Micro Hybrid Electric Vehicle using Battery Hardware in the Loop Simulation", KSAE 2016 Annual Spring Conference, Jeju, May19-21, 2016
4. Tae Woo Kim, Jong Seok Lee, Keun Hyong Kim and Sung Jin Park, "Architecture Optimization of the Thermal Management System for a Series Hybrid Electric Vehicle", KSAE 2016 Annual Spring Conference, Jeju, May19-21, 2016
1. Sungjin Park, and Dohoy Jung, “Vehicle Thermal Management System (VTMS) of Series Hybrid Electric Vehicles: the Impact of Climate Control System,” Korea Auto-Vehicle Safety Association Spring Conference, Gangchon, Korea, May 17-18, 2013
2. Sungjin Park, Zoran Filipi, Dennis N. Assanis, and Dohoy Jung, “Thermal Management System of Advanced Vehicles: Impact of Battery Thermal Management System on Series Hybrid Electric M-ATV”, 17th Automotive Research Center Annual Conference, Ypsilanti, May 23-24, 2011
3. Sungjin Park, Zoran Filipi, Dennis N. Assanis, and Dohoy Jung, “Vehicle Thermal Management System of Advanced Vehicles: Impact of VTMS on Series Hybrid Electric M-ATV”, Automotive Research Center Seminar, University of Michigan, Apr 1, 2011
4. Sungjin Park, Zoran Filipi, Dennis N. Assanis, and Dohoy Jung, “Integration of Powertrain, Vehicle Cooling, and Climate Control System Models for Vehicle Thermal Management: Battery Thermal Management”, ARC Battery Research Briefings in TARDEC, Warren, Mar 31, 2011
1. Jongkyu Kim, Youngmin Han, Yongkap Jung, Seunghan Kim, Sungjin Park, and Ilyoon Moon, “Tube Type Patternator for Measuring Spray Pattern of Injector,” Korean Patent No. 10-0495484
2. Kookyoung Ahn, Sangseok Yu, Youngduk Lee, Sungjin Park, and Dohoy Jung, “Gas Sampling Apparatus,” Korean Patent No. 10-10031100000
Honors and Awards